Saturday 9 November 2013

Monrovia - Army re-organisation - work begins

The work has started on the Monrovian army re-organisation, first job I've done is to swap some grenadier heads for tricorne ones (a battalion with half gren/half tricorne didn't look right), so
....
I'll swap some figures around on bases to mix the swapped head chaps amongst the rest.

So what will the King of Monrovia get for the money he is spending on his army, being parsimonious he has set a tight budget; amongst the changes to the army
  • new standards for all main line infantry and cavalry regiments
  • new uniforms issued to most infantry regiments (cuff/lapel colours etc)
  • disbandment of some units
  • raising a Friekorps
  • a new Garde De Corps cavalry regiment

I'm going to try and get back to my original plan for the Monrovian Army - it will be based on that of Hesse-Kassel. The cavalry will be to SYW pattern unform,  with the infantry a mix of SYW pattern uniforms and WSS uniforms (so I'll be re-using as many of my current figures as possible).

So a number of posts to follow to show the newly re-organized Monrovian army, each post to indicate what has been done to the units etc

1 comment:

tradgardmastare said...

Major changes indeed. I await further details with interest...