Saturday 17 December 2011

40mm: Contructing a New House

I've been checking out my larger houses which I use for 40mm gaming and realised I could do with a couple more. I wanted something which was neutral enough for 18C and also to be used for my ECW gaming. I found a nice half timbered building picture in a book which showed the front and and one end. I scanned these, scaled then up and printed off two copies on 120gm paper. After some careful cutting I stuck them onto card to ensure everything was square and lined up.
Each section was cut off the card, then the house was assembled (with internal bracing) and stuck on a base.
I added a roof covered with some paper tilessheet, touched in the edges of the building and painted/flocked the base. Seen below with a couple of figures for size comparison

7 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Wow! That looks really, really good. Nice work.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Mosstrooper said...

I envy your ability sir !.

Bluebear Jeff said...

Looks very good, sir.


-- Jeff

Anonymous said...

Excuse the OT but what's the name of the German railway company that makes the scenic backdrops you use?
/andygamer

tradgardmastare said...

Excellent work with the house. I too would be interested in hearing more of the scenic backdrops too.
BTW do you scale the house up or down by trial and error or is their a simpler way I have not thought of?

tidders2 said...

Scenic backdrops: if you go to http://www.gaugemaster.com/ and enter backscene in the keyword search you'll get a nice selection to choose from (OO/HO scale is about right size). My gaming table at the moment uses Gaugemaster's own backscenes(GM70x).

House Image Scaling: I crop the image(s) so its just the house, the print preview on the photo processing software I use shows image size in inches/cms so its a quick resize then print

-- Allan

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Allan.
/andygamer